THE SUGAR PLUM FAIRY & NUTCRACKER EXPRESS TRAIN - All departing from Wansford Station
The Sugar Plum Fairy & Nutcracker Express Train Departure Dates: 25th & 26th Nov 2nd, 3rd, 9th, 10th, 13th, 16th, 17th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd & 24th December
The Sugar Plum Fairy & Nutcracker Express Train Departure Times: 11:35 or 14:45
Our Classic Santa Express from 2022 has been upgraded again for 2023. Come & join us on the Sugar Plum Nutcracker Express Train for a magical Christmas experience which all the family will enjoy.
Your Christmas experience will start before your train departs, so please arrive approximately 1 hour before your trains departure time to give you time to park, get checked in, your tickets stamped and, most importantly, visit Father Christmas in his Grotto. Our team of Christmas Elves will be there to show you where to go and to introduce you to Father Christmas himself. Each child will receive a special gift when they visit the legendary man himself in his Cosy Grotto. Then it's nearly time to board the train for your magical festive journey through the Nene Valley. On board you will be joined by the Sugar Plum Fairy and the Nutcracker for a little bit of Festive entertainment, plus Father Christmas will be walking through the train to say hi again.
Our on-board buffet car will be open for you to purchase a drink or two and a little festive treat to add to your Christmas experience.
Choose between a table for up to 2 people, a table for up to 4 people or a Private Compartment which seats up to 6 people.
- Please note that any booking for a table for 2 will be seated next to another booking for a table for 2. By doing this it has allowed us to keep are prices as low as possible.
- If you book 1 x table for 4 and 1 x table for 2 in one booking you will not have another party for 2 sat with you in the empty seats.
- Each booking, whether it be a table for 2, a table for up to 4 or a Private Compartment for up to 6, will receive a Nene Valley Railway Jute Goodie Bag filled with some Christmas Treats.
- Under 1's do not get their own seat. A nominal charge of £5 per under 1 is required for them to travel, this is to cover the gift they will receive from Father Christmas.
- To add and pay for an under 1 you must call our office on 01780 784444. Our office is open 7 days a week 10am to 3pm.
- If you book a compartment this will give you 6 x seats for people, you may add extra Under 1's and up to 2 x extra 2-to-3-year old's to your booking (a fee is payable for all add on under 1's & any extra 2- to 3-year-olds tickets. Add on's will not get their own seat, they will need to sit on an adult’s lap. A nominal charge of £22 is payable for each extra 2-to-3 yr old & £5 for each under 1.
Jute Bag contents - Christmas Chocolates, Christmas Crackers, Christmas Biscuits, Christmas themed kids’ activity sheets and colouring pencils and a Bespoke Nene Valley Railway Christmas Bauble. All items listed are all subject to availability.
Important to note:
- Gifts this year will be separated into 2 categories, birth to 8 and 9 to 15. Birth to 8 will receive a bespoke soft toy and 9 to 15 will receive a crafty style gift, this year all Christmas gifts will not be gift wrapped, Father Christmas is trying to be a little greener this year.
- If you purchase 1 x table for 2, another booking for a table for 2 will be seated on the same table as you.
- If you are looking at booking multiple tables or wish to sit with friends or family one person must place the booking for all tables, to ensure you are seated together.
- If you place your orders separately, we cannot guarantee we can seat you together, we will of course try, but it will not always be possible due to other bookings.
- If your party consists of 2 x over 1 year old and you wish to bring a under 1 with you, you will need to purchase a table for 2 and then call our office to add and pay for your passenger that is under 1 (they will sit on the adult in your party’s knee).
- If you have 4 x over 1's in your party and wish to bring 1 or 2 under 1's with you, you will need to purchase a table for 4 and then call our office to add and pay for your passenger that is under 1 (they will sit on the adult in your party’s knee).
No admin fee will be charged for adding a under 1's or up to 2 extra 2 or 3 yr. olds tickets to a compartment booking.
An admin fee will be charged for any booking amendments made after purchase.
Click here for FAQ
Disclaimer: While we advertise this event and plan to have it hauled by steam, these heritage locomotives can of course breakdown. Therefore, we reserve the right to change this service to heritage diesel at any point.
Please note: Information on Child ages and genders is entered during checkout.