The terms, conditions and policies set out below apply to the purchase of tickets from this website and the companies Nene Valley Railway Ltd and Nene Valley Railway Enterprises Ltd, (“the Companies”). Please ensure that you have read and understood them before you commit to your purchase. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time, effective immediately upon posting on the site. Please check this page of the site periodically.
- 2.1 Once acquired, whether by purchase or on a complimentary basis, tickets are, subject to these terms, non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be exchanged, altered, or returned. Tickets are valid on the date/time specified only.
- 2.2 Cancellations, rebookings and refunds are subject to the following:
- 2.2.1 If a booking is cancelled by us for any reason other than something done by you we will refund you the face value of the ticket. We may offer you an alternative date; if you accept the alternative date your right to a refund will cease.
- 2.2.2 If we refuse you (or any of your party) entry or cancel your booking because of something you have done you will not be entitled to a refund.
- 2.2.3 If you cancel your booking and we are able to resell your ticket we will refund you for any tickets resold less our reasonable administration costs.
- 2.3 Once you have received or printed your tickets, please keep them in a safe place as any duplicates, copies or other alternative tickets of any kind will not be accepted nor will any ticket so damaged that the material information is defaced so as to be unreadable. If lost, tickets will not be replaced.
- 2.4 Tickets will include entry to most, but not all, areas of the attraction. Subject to availability and at the Companies’ discretion, visitors may be able to purchase additional tickets to obtain access to all areas of the attraction.
- 2.5 From time to time, the Companies may issue tickets under special promotions but promotional tickets will be available subject to availability and subject to any further terms and conditions affecting the particular promotion.
- 2.6 Tickets may be gifted to another individual or individuals provided there is no payment or exchange involved. Where you wish to gift your ticket, you must inform the Companies of who will be using the ticket by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If this is not communicated to the Companies in advance of the visit, we cannot guarantee that entry will be permitted.
- 2.7 You are responsible for making sure that any person you buy a ticket for, whether as a gift or part of your booking, complies with our terms and conditions, policies and our conditions of entry to the attraction.
- 2.8 No ticket purchased from the Companies shall be resold to a third party under any circumstances, and any such resale or attempted resale shall have the effect of rendering that ticket void and unusable as a means of entry to the attraction or event for which it was purchased.
- 2.9 The Companies will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the prices listed by the attraction on this website remain correct and up to date but in the event that any price listed on this website should be incorrect we reserve the right to cancel your tickets and refund the face value, or to exchange them in return for payment of any difference between the price paid and the correct price.
- 2.10 All prices are correct at the time of publishing. However, they are subject to change without prior notice.
- 2.11 The Companies will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that all areas and aspects of the attraction are available and running properly. The Companies cannot guarantee that the trains available will be the same as advertised or that they will specifically be either diesel or steam.
- 2.12 Any timetable or promotional material is indicative only.
- 2.13 If you select the e-ticket option at purchase, there will be no ticket printed or posted to you.
3. Your Obligations
- 3.1 It is your responsibility to ensure that you purchase tickets for the correct date on which you wish to attend. If you subsequently realise that you have made an error, please contact Customer Services immediately at email@example.com
- 3.2 Please check your tickets carefully, as well as any receipt or booking confirmation received from us after completion of your purchase. If there is an error or mistake, please contact Customer Services immediately. It is your responsibility to ensure the entire ticket is clearly printed and the barcode and barcode number are clearly visible.
- 3.3 Before you purchase your tickets, it is your responsibility to check whether there are any special restrictions on entry to the relevant attraction or event (for example, but without limitation, age restrictions or height restrictions). The Companies shall not be liable for any refusal of entry to the attraction or event due to any inability to comply with such restrictions. You will not receive a refund for any tickets you are unable to use because you do not comply with such restrictions.
- 3.4 Security Checks – when redeeming your ticket, you may be asked some simple security questions on presentation. These questions are designed to safeguard you and the Companies against fraudulent use. Should an unexpected individual attempt to use tickets, the Companies cannot guarantee entry. This is relevant to gifts of tickets under clause 2.6.
- 3.5 It is your responsibility to check the opening dates and opening hours of the relevant attraction or event to ensure that you will be able to use your ticket on the date and at the time you wish to attend.
- 3.6 It is your responsibility to ensure that your tickets are not lost, stolen or damaged. The Companies will not be liable to provide a refund if you are unable to attend the attraction or event due to loss or theft of, or damage to, or an inability to print your tickets. If your ticket is lost, stolen or damaged please contact us to see if we can arrange a replacement.
- 3.7 Missed trains will not be refunded.
- 3.8 For standard travel please arrive no later than 20 minutes before departure to allow for possible queues and booking in.
4. Limitation of Liability
- 4.1 The Companies shall not be liable for any loss of or damage to property at the attraction or event, nor shall it be liable for the death of or personal injury to any person attending any attraction or event, save to the extent that such death or personal injury is caused by the Companies’ negligence or breach of statutory duty.
- 4.2 In the event of a closure of the attraction or cancellation of an event, the Companies will seek to rebook any affected tickets free of charge and subject to availability. Should that not be possible, or you do not agree to the alternative ticket offered, a refund of the face value of the ticket will be processed.
- 4.3 The Companies shall not under any circumstances be liable for any unforeseeable loss damage or injury, nor shall it be liable in any way or for any indirect or consequential loss whatsoever. This includes but is not limited to travel costs or accommodation costs incurred by you if an event if cancelled, you are refused entry or we have to close the attraction.
- 4.4 The liability of the Companies for any breach of these terms and conditions or for any breach of statutory duty shall be limited in any event to the face value of the ticket you have purchased.
- 5.1 From time to time the Companies or other authorised third parties may carry out photography or other recording at the attraction and any images or recordings may feature visitors. Visitors consent to the use of such images by the attraction in connection with advertising, promotions or monitoring and acknowledge that the copyright in such images rests with the attraction and/or any authorised third party.
- 5.2 In the interests of safety, visitors may be asked to submit to a search of their person or belongings and anyone refusing to submit or found to be in possession of materials believed by the attraction to be dangerous or unsuitable will be denied entry or removed from the attraction.
- 5.3 Visitors must keep their personal belongings with them at all times and the attraction accepts no responsibility for loss, theft or damage to any personal belongings brought into the attraction.
- 5.4 Some areas of the attraction and certain events may not be suitable for children of certain ages and the attraction reserves the right to refuse access to such areas and/or events to visitors under any recommended age limit.
- 5.5 The Companies reserve the right, at their absolute discretion, to refuse entry or admission or to remove from the attraction or event any visitor. No refund will be offered should this be a result of the visitor being in breach of any of our terms and conditions.
- 5.7 If you have any questions or complaints about the services, please contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our team at 01780 784444 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please speak to one of our staff onsite.
- 5.8 These terms and conditions represent the entire understanding and agreement between us and you acknowledge that you have not been induced to purchase any tickets by any representations made by the Companies but nothing in these terms and conditions shall be deemed to exclude liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
- 5.9 If any Court shall find any provision of these terms and conditions to be void or unenforceable then that provision shall be rendered ineffective to the extent of the Court’s finding but this shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions.
- 5.10 As a consumer, you have certain legal rights. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website at www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06. In particular, you have protection under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
- 5.11 These terms and conditions are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in respect of any dispute.
- 5.12 None of these terms and conditions shall be enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by a third party (with the exception of the attraction owner or event organiser, who may enforce them), but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from under that Act.